The Kiwanis Club of San Bernardino was chartered as one of 7,700 clubs in 80 countries on August 30 1922. Our motto is "Serving the Children of the World".
The original Kiwanis Club of Riverside sponsored the Kiwanis Club of San Bernardino and was in one of the early Divisions of California. The club has been in continuous operation since that date. Membership in the club has been over 180 members in the early days. The picture above shows the club membership in 1937.
The Kiwanis Club of San Bernardino is currently part of Division 36 serving San Bernardino County and includes 14 clubs located from Fontana to Calimesa and from Big Bear Lake to Grand Terrace. Division 36 is one of the largest divisions in membership in the District.
Our Division is part of the California - Nevada -0 Hawaii (Cal-Nev-Ha) District. there are 47 Districts in Kiwanis International and as indicated earlier they are in 80 countries.
Our club has been the sponsor of the Kiwanis Club Basketball Tournament going into our 60th year. The event is held between Christmas and New Years each year and includes 16 high schools in the competition. Our club currently has two members (Rex Ramsy and JT Visbal) who were on past champion teams. Several of the students that have completed in this tournament have gone on to professional basketball careers.
The club has a particular passion for serving the children of the community and you will find information on our projects on other pages of this webpage.